Life after a spinal cord injury comes with many challenges. You may be suffering from paralysis, sky-high medical bills, and no promises of a full recovery. Don’t lose heart. If your spinal cord injury is someone else’s fault, Alabama law allows you to seek compensation for your losses.
The lifetime cost of a spinal cord injury can number in the millions. But because every accident and injury is different, it can be challenging to put a precise dollar figure on what a spinal cord injury lawsuit would be worth. Come tell us your story. An experienced spinal cord injury lawyer at Bence Law Firm can place an appropriate value on your case and push for maximum compensation for you.
A successful injury claim or lawsuit could help cover your expenses, adjust to a new life if you’ve become disabled, and allow you to live your life with the dignity you deserve. Call or contact us today for a free consultation.
What Is a Spinal Cord Injury?
A spinal cord injury occurs when the nerve tissues that make up the spinal cord are damaged. When a person suffers a spinal cord injury, the damage can interrupt the flow of signals between the brain and the various parts of the body. Spinal cord injuries usually fall into one of two categories:
- Incomplete: The spinal cord is not fully severed. An individual with an incomplete spinal cord injury retains some function in the parts of the body located below the injury.
- Complete: The spinal cord has been fully severed, leading to paralysis such as paraplegia or quadriplegia.
Compensation for a Spinal Cord Injury
When you have been the victim of a spinal cord injury in Alabama, the compensation you may be entitled to falls into two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages include financial recovery for losses such as medical bills, lost wages, lost earning potential, long-term care costs, and equipment purchases or home renovations to accommodate disabilities stemming from the spinal cord injury.
- Non-economic damages cover personal loss and harm you endured because of the spinal cord injury, including physical pain, emotional trauma and distress, and lost quality or enjoyment of life.
What Is My Lawsuit Worth in Alabama?
Estimating the value of a spinal cord injury lawsuit in Alabama is not an exact science. Multiple factors can affect how much financial compensation can be recovered in a legal claim, including:
- Severity of the injury
- Rehabilitation and long-term care costs
- Who is liable
- The financial resources (such as insurance coverage) available to compensate the injured victim
- The skill of the legal counsel representing the injured victim
Because a spinal cord injury can have catastrophic consequences for a victim’s life, these cases tend to settle for significant amounts, as high as the six or seven-figure range. However, it’s important to remember that no attorney can guarantee results for you. The best way to learn what your case is worth is by talking with a spinal cord injury lawyer who has handled cases similar to yours.
Contact Bence Law Firm Today
If someone else’s negligence caused your spinal cord injury, you need help from a lawyer now. Contact Bence Law Firm right away. We provide top-notch legal representation to those who’ve suffered severe or catastrophic injuries in Phenix City and the surrounding areas.
Give us a call, chat with us live, or fill out a contact form today for a free consultation with a trusted spinal cord injury attorney.