What do I do after an accident?
- Seeking medical treatment for your injuries is the most important thing after an accident.
- If the accident was a motor vehicle crash, Alabama law requires that you stop at the scene. Failing to do so is against the law.
- If the accident happened on the road, always stop and pull over, call the police to report the accident, exchange contact information with all parties involved, and help anyone that’s hurt as best you can.
- No matter where the accident happened, it’s important to take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- It’s important you report the accident to the insurance company within 24 hours if possible.
- You should never speak to someone else’s insurance company without an attorney. They will often try to take a recorded statement or get you to sign a release for your medical documents.
- Most importantly, you should speak to a personal injury attorney in Phenix City to ensure your rights are protected.
Posted in: Featured Personal Injury FAQ