Bence Law Firm in Phenix City represents people in automobile accidents, 18 wheeler collisions, personal injury, criminal law, and DUI/DWI.
We believe that every client deserves respect and personal attention. To us, you are not just another case. Our goal is client satisfaction, proving that personal attention is still possible in the practice of law.
After many years of practicing law with a large national law firm, David realized his passion and motivation to help individuals was diminishing due to the number of cases he was handling. Once this realization hit, he decided to make a change and take a leap of faith. David Bence, along with his wife, Stacy Bence, decided to build their own law firm in Phenix City with a mission to help people one-by-one while developing lasting relationships with their clients in Phenix City, Alabama.
Our Practices Include
- Personal Injury
- Automobile / 18 Wheeler collisions
What Should I do if...
Motor vehicle crashes happen quickly, and when they do, the shock can cause confusion and anxiety. Print this checklist and attach it to your insurance card and/or car registration so you will have the necessary steps to take if an accident occurs:
- Stop your vehicle. Unless it is unsafe to you or others, do not move your vehicle. The police will conduct an investigation and will need to diagram the collision scene detailing what happened including where and how the vehicles ended up.
- Notify the police regardless of whether anyone reports they are hurt.
Make sure you inform the police of all events; report injuries, and any foul play such as drinking, drugs and/or texting.
- Do not apologize. Apologizing can be used as an admission of guilt. Save the apologies for a later date if needed. Do not apologize at the scene.
- Collect Information from drivers, passengers, pedestrians and witnesses:
Make and model of cars,
Name of persons to whom vehicle is registered
- Take photographs of vehicles, streets, skid marks, traffic control signs. Nowadays, everyone has a Smart Phone- use it!!
Also with your phone, secretly video record the aftermath of the collision. The more evidence you have to show the scene, how others acted and behaved, and what was said: the better.
- Take notes about the how collision occurred
- Seek medical attention: it is common for injuries to manifest days after a collision, long after the adrenaline has stopped and the soreness starts. Get treated early as a precautionary measure.
- Contact your Insurance agent and report the collision.
- Call Bence Law Firm at (334) 539-5000, or email David at email@example.com